Eastern District News
Eastern District is hiring!
We are seeking an experienced, part-time sales associate.
- Assist customers with product selection
- Cut and wrap cheeses and meats to order
- Prepare sandwiches
- Stock shelves
- Arrange product displays
- Experience with and passion for craft beer and artisanal cheese
- Strong sense of hospitality and customer service
- Reliable, organized, and self-motivated
- Retail marketing experience a plus
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re planning some updates to this website! Do you have any suggestions, requests, demands? Let us know in the comments section or at email@example.com!
Drop in for a FREE tasting of New York honey, maple syrup, and honey chocolate truffles from Catskill Provisions.
We’ll be enjoying the sweet stuff on Saturday, March 15 from 4-6PM.
Planning a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day? These sweet beer and cheese pairings will help make it a night to remember!
- Brooklyn Brewery Sorachi Ace with Vermont Creamery Cremont: Sorachi’s champagne-like effervescence matches Cremont’s double-cream richness, and their bright, tangy flavors are a perfect blend.
- Goose Island Matilda and Nettle Meadow Kunik: Another bubbles-and-cream combination to delight your taste buds.
- Rodenbach Grand Cru with Jasper Hill Harbison: The robust, sour cherry flavors of the Rodenbach complement the milky, woodsy, gooey Harbison.
- West County Cider with Oh My Heart: Apples and brie-style cheese are always a great combination – this pairing takes the flavors into the stratosphere.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Are you looking for some sweet treats this Valentine’s Day? We’ve got you covered with some brand new confections, plus your favorite Brooklyn-made indulgences.
- NEW! Pecan Pralines from Love Sweet Love, in Original and Bourbon flavors
- NEW! Honey Chocolate Truffles from Catskill Provisions
- Sea Salt Caramels, Honeycombs and chocolate-marshmallow Tally-Hos from Liddabit Sweets
- Craft Beer Truffles and more from Nunu Chocolates
- Caramel Marshmallows and Spicy Chile Hot Chocolate from Whimsy & Spice
- Dark Chocolate Bars from Mast Brothers Chocolate
Drop in to browse our full selection!
Last week we paid a visit to two of our favorite cheese producers: Jasper Hill and Consider Bardwell, both in Vermont. Although the weather was frigid, the countryside was beautiful and the cheese was delicious, and we learned much more about the cheese that we love from the people who make it.
Pictured above is Jasper Hill, with a mural of their Bayley Hazen Blue cheese rising over the horizon. On the right are some baby Bayley Hazens, just a couple days old, before their blue veining and natural rind start to develop.
To keep this post timely and relevant, why not check out Jasper Hill’s recipe for Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese Dip – looks like a pretty great addition to your Super Bowl spread, right?
Above are photos of the historic Consider Bardwell Farm and some of the goats who live there. They provide the milk for the farm’s Manchester cheese, and the cows who live next door supply the milk for Dorset, Rupert and Pawlet. As at Jasper Hill, the facility showed evidence of the gradual growth and development of the cheese business, with constant renovations and innovations in evidence. It was an inspiration to see the farmscapes behind these cheeses, and see how the cheesemakers are constantly working to improve and create new cheeses for us to enjoy!
Our snowed-out tasting with Slant Shack Jerky has been rescheduled for Saturday, February 8, 4-6 PM.
Drop in and taste their delicious, grass-fed jerky in spicy, beer-marinated, and gluten-free styles!
The time has come: subscriptions are open for the Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-op CSA program. If you want to receive your very own weekly box of fresh organic produce here at Eastern District, sign up now – subscriptions WILL sell out.
For all the details, and to sign up, visit http://www.lancasterfarmfresh.com/csa/default.
Our free Saturday afternoon tastings return in late January! Come meet The Truffleist and taste delectable truffle butter – plus, possibly, a couple more surprising trufflicious delights. Drop in for flavor on Saturday, Janury 25 between 4-6PM.
- FREE tasting with
THE CHILI LAB
Sat, Apr 19, 4-6PM